Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We Start on the Path Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day we start moving into the pre-operative activities. I may not get anything posted, because I want to try to give Richard my full attention. With that in mind I thought it best to just summarize now what is coming.

Richard is required to check into St. Luke's Hospital Thursday morning at 7:30 AM.  With a nearly 2 hour drive to the hospital, Richard and I will be going into St. Louis metro-area on Wednesday to stay overnight for a more relaxed morning.  John, Emory, Laura, Peter and Richard’s mother Cathy will be coming to St. Louis from Rolla on Thursday morning with plans to arrive before 9 AM.

On Thursday morning after his 7:30 check-in Richard will have a CT scan at 9 AM so that they can mark certain “landmark” points on his head and then he will proceed to the pre-op holding.  I think we will not get to follow him but will be routed to the surgical waiting room for the duration.  Richard’s surgery is scheduled to begin at 10 AM.  The doctors are scheduled for 3 hours so we will expect some word by 1 or 2 PM.

For his post-operative recovery he will go directly to the Neuro Intensive Care Unit.  Again I am not certain about how much we will get to see him.  The boys and Richard’s mother will be returning to Rolla while Laura will stay with me in St. Louis.  That is about as far as my crystal ball can imagine.  Beyond that we will play it moment-by-moment.

Thank you for your interest, support and intercessory prayers on our behalf.  We rejoice that the Lord is in control of the universe and our destiny. 

I asked Richard for a verse to share that is on his heart -
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43: 2b

2 comments:

  1. Just writing a note to let you know I am up and running and will be leading Dad through the maze of internet "things". We continue to have Richard and you on our list of prayers. It is getting so long right now that I'm taking a few short cuts or else I wouldn't have time for much of anything else. Ha. Love to all,
    Kathy Dinkel (in case you have other Kathy's on the invite to the blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard - I wish you lots of luck tomorrow - and I will say a prayer for you tonight. Many of the folks at MVH are asking about you and I told them I would keep them all informed.

    Renee - be strong. Both of you be positive and keep me updated. I try to check my email daily.

    ReplyDelete